Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Tarzan Broadway Not Doing So Well

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Tarzan Broadway Not Doing So Well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Tarzan Broadway Not Doing So Well Reply with quote

imdb has a quick news blurb about the Tarzan Broadway show, apparently it is not going too well:

Quote:

'Tarzan' a Loser on Broadway
Disney's strategy of turning hit animated features into Broadway musicals has encountered its first setback. Thomas Schumacher, Disney's head of theatrical productions announced Friday that the company's ambitious stage version of its 1999 film Tarzan will shut down on July 8 -- "earlier than any of us had hoped" -- as a result of falling ticket sales. In an interview with the Associated Press, Schumacher said that after examining the show's advances, he concluded, "I am going to have a summer where I am going to be losing a substantial amount of money. ... And I don't artificially keep shows going." However, he noted that the show's Dutch production has been a big hit. "I would have loved for [the Broadway production] to have been as successful in New York as it now is in Holland," where it is playing in The Hague, Schumacher said. "This production is a loss. But the title of Tarzan within our catalog and within the Disney franchise will do just fine."

fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the soundtrack for it and I wasn't too impressed with new songs that weren't in the movie. The songs from the movie sounded great but everything else is a waste. Disappointing!!!
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right, the movie wasn't that good anyway. Wasn't it one of the few last movies from Feature Animation?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney actually in the planning stages for another feature to Broadway move...

The Little Mermaid
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that and I think it would be good. But can anything compare to "The Lion King"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: