Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Great Movie Ride Update?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Great Movie Ride Update?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Great Movie Ride Update? Reply with quote

I remember hearing discussions about this rehab or update and I was wondering if anyone else heard about it yet? Very Happy
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest rumors have it happen some time between the renaming of the park and the installation of Star Tour 2.0, all of which lead up to the replacement of the Indiana Jones stunt show with an Indy ride....

*sarcasim mode off* Smile

This is another of several (and I do mean several) rumors surrounding Disney/MGM Studios.... currently, the only thing going on with the park (now and near future) is the current construction of Midway Mania and the possible update of Playhouse Disney... everything else is just speculation, rumors, and wishful thinking...
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singing DISNEY ISN'T LISTENING TO US FANS!!! Rolling Eyes
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at GMR forever. Actually, I looked quite good in a gangster suit : )
Every summer we heard rumors of rehabs, and the like. However, most of the time it's just cleaning and script updates. I hope GMR never changes as it is definitely the most detailed attraction out there.
kray

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
Every summer we heard rumors of rehabs, and the like. However, most of the time it's just cleaning and script updates. I hope GMR never changes as it is definitely the most detailed attraction out there.

Its one of of my favs!
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kray wrote:
jahosifatz wrote:

Its one of of my favs!

That's true, but it's losing its interest from the younger audience. My cousin whos my age thought it was boring. They need more modern movies I think.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some new special effects would be cool. For instance, they could use the same effect that they use in the Little Mermaid to make you feel like you're underwater in the Fantasia scene to simulate crashing waves, or something like that. Maybe changing the spiel a bit would help too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
they could use the same effect that they use in the Little Mermaid to make you feel like you're underwater in the Fantasia scene to simulate crashing waves, or something like that.

Right I always feel that one scene is by far the worst Disney ever put together. That REALLY could have been spectacular!
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That scene was actually supposed to be a Twister from the Wizard of Oz, (hence the fan), but they couldn't get it to work. We used to have a good script, but then an Imagineer (famous for his Haunted Mansion book), ruined it.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought during scenes from Classic Disney movies would be a cool replacement for the current ones.....

Riding along with ghosts wearing suits of armor from Bedknobs, cruising along with the Flying Model-T from Absent Minded Professor, wild west scene with the Apple-Dumpling Gang, watching crewmen battle a giant squid from 20,000 Leagues, escaping the Black Hole with the Palomino, and more....

I like a lot of these older movies and they aren't really shown or advertised in the parks, they would match up perfectly in this attraction and get advertising...
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG BLACK HOLE! great film...they show it on amc sometimes!

super spooky Cygnet...
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
I always thought during scenes from Classic Disney movies would be a cool replacement for the current ones.....

Riding along with ghosts wearing suits of armor from Bedknobs, cruising along with the Flying Model-T from Absent Minded Professor, wild west scene with the Apple-Dumpling Gang, watching crewmen battle a giant squid from 20,000 Leagues, escaping the Black Hole with the Palomino, and more....

I like a lot of these older movies and they aren't really shown or advertised in the parks, they would match up perfectly in this attraction and get advertising...

Why not??? I thought WDW and DL was suppose to be "frozen in time"?
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Disney owns the Muppets, I always thought it would be hilarious if they took out that 'Fantasia' corner and put a small Animatronic Kermit sitting on a log with a swamp background singing "rainbow connection". Then of course, you pass through a rainbow misted cloud...and you're in the land of OZ.
How perfect of a tie-in would that be???Kermit
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jahosifatz, I was curious about your opinion on the news regarding new CM uniforms for the GMR....

Screamscape has some info and drawings of the new uniforms: http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_disney-mgm_studios.htm

What does our resident GMR expert think?
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, mixed. I rarely ever did Tour Guide shifts let alone greeter ones. I do remember the pants always rode up due to the suspenders. Gangster suits were comfy, but very hot.

I'm glad that they are looking into costumes as it means that GMR will be sticking around a little longer, but sad in that the old TG costumes were very essence of original MGM theming with the vintage Hollywood vibe.

Now as for Bandit costumes, I think I still have a bruise on my thigh from that dang holster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: