Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW--making the most of the time we have :)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW--making the most of the time we have :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: WDW--making the most of the time we have :) Reply with quote

Having just completed my holiday trip to DLR...the focus is now on the Feb trip to WDW... I think the planning is done...only the anticipation left to build!

We have included some nice ADRs and a tour (the first for my friends). What are some of the things you guys LOVE at WDW.

I know many of you guys get to be at the parks a lot...I definitely don't have that priviledge at WDW, so I'm looking for ideas or just things you guys absolutely think are must do memory creators for everyone!

This is our second trip, a full week, staying on properrty...kids in tow, though I'll have some time on my own (not my kids Smile ) I'm excited...and praying for good health and easy filghts getting there!

Thanks guys for your input!

: )
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish you could be there when we're there. Sad
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome if she could Kali!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprildecember wrote:
i wish you could be there when we're there. Sad

I know! I wish I could be there with you guys too! Sad

Tips--hints--must sees--I'm looking for things to add to our itinerary so we don't wander around aimlessly like deer in he Disney headlights Smile

:*

: ) d
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to see if the Pirates and Princess Party is going on.... that is their new hard ticket after hours party at MK.... the kids might like that....

One thing I always suggest is resort hopping.... you could do mini tours like the Monorail Loop (Cntp, GFla, and Poly), the Boardwalk Loop (Yacht, Bech, Boardwalk, especially at night).... or just get on a bus to some of the other interesting ones, AKL or PO FQ/RS (two of my favs)..... One fun thing regarding resort hopping, is to spend a day and ride all of the different forms of transportation, Monorail, Ferry, Friendship Boats, trams, buses, etc..... my family loves to do that.... Start the day with beignets (PO FQ), then have reuben hot dogs (GFla) for lunch, and souther buffet for dinner (WL)..... You can also watch Wishes from the Contemporary's observation deck or from the beaches at the Poly or WL (and it's all free)....

Just walking around Downtown Disney is fun for us..... if you have a large group, so how long it takes to eat an earthquake over at Ghirardelli's....

There is also DisneyQuest, it has a ton of free video games and some cool VR stuff, really cool for kids (inside is free, but it's like $30 bucks to get in)....

If your into mini golf there are several in the area, including 2 on disney property... those are always fun....

Hope those help....
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should list a few of your favorite DL rides, so that we can see where your interests lie. For instance, are you a thrill seeker, or someone who prefers a gentle trip with Disney nostalgia?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got a group (and don't mind spending the money) you might want to get a fireworks cruise. We did it a few years back. You get the pontoon boat at the Yacht & Beach Club dock. Our Capt. took us over to MGM first , let the kids drive the boat for a bit and then headed to EPCOT for the fireworks. You "park" under the International Gateway bridge and have a great view of the fireworks.

You can get more details:

http://allearsnet.com/btp/illum.htm

Have a wonderful time at the world!
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great input!!

We already have tickets for the Pirate and Princess evening...I forgot! I love the resort hopping idea. We kinds did that one afternoon last time, but we only went to two.

We have seven in our party...I think the fireworks cruise might be cool...are the fireworks as good from the water? (I mean without the music and everything??)

We have the whole range off folks in our group...but for me personally, I love everything. I love the attractions, the tours, the history...everything.

I've been to WDW one other time with part of this group. We really ended up wasting a lot of time due to being unfamiliar with just how much WDW offers. I really hope this trip to do more overall rather than jsut hit the "big attractions" a few times at each park.

I love the suggestions you guys put out there...it's keeping my brain moving. Bucky

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fireworks Cruises are really cool.... you don't have to worry about not having a good seat (best seat in the house), fighting people who show up 30 seconds before the show and push you out of the way (I don't sound bitter, do I?), and you will not have a problem with hearing the music......
ksdisneyfan
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't miss Illuminations in Epcot. It is a "must see" on our list every trip. And take in the shows in Epcot's World Showcase. I think many visitors miss some of the impressive acts that can be seen there because they're too busy getting to that next ride or show. We've loved some of the storytellers, the drummers in Japan, the acrobats in China, etc.

Don't try to hurry through Animal Kingdom. Some of our best memories are of sitting with some friends watching the acts in the center of the African Village while we had a light snack. The African dancers / acrobats are fantastic. They'll even pull the audience into the act and teach them a few things.

We love it all - so it's hard to hit just the highlights. Just remember it's so large that there is no way to do it all - so enjoy your favorites, stop and watch the crowds and enjoy the little things and the magic that's all around you. I love WDW because you are immersed in the magic - you never have to leave it while you are there if you're staying onsite. It's something I always miss while at DL.

And when are you going?? We'll be there the 16th - 25th of February.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recommend going to hang out at the beach at the poly. Smile if the weather is nice, you can pass out in a hammock and rest easy. Very Happy
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have time tomorrow I'll look into the fireworks cruise...seems it might be a little chilly the first of Feb, but I'd pack a jacket--sounds GREAT from your description.

As for that hammock...may be a necessity with two kids on this round! I was tired enough last time with only the five year old!!

My friend and I have already talked about maybe a girls afternoon at Worldshowcase to shop, eat and enjoy it's many offerings. We didn't spend much time at EPCOT at all last time around. Mission Space left us spinning!

Ooh! I'm getting excited! I do love all the details there are to find with Disney...so here it just seems there are so many more to find and enjoy!

me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last few times I went, we rented a Surrey Bike. Doesn't seem like it would be much fun, but after a few minutes, everything for some reason becomes hillarious. Our bike wouldn't go any where because we were all laughing too hard to peddle. My brother ususally drove, and he took us into the sand a few times, which for some reason was funny. We always rented from the Polynesian. They have nice winding paths, and if there's no wedding going on at the pavilion, you can wander over to the Grand Floridian. The watermice are a lot of fun too, but for a party of 7, that might become pricey. I think they still offer pontoon boats. When WDW opened it had loads of activities outside the Magic Kingdom. A lot of people overlook the fact that most of those are still around. Fishing is available now. You could spend a whole day at Ft. Wilderness. Between the horse back riding, bike and hiking trails, hammoks on the beach, and the campfire in the evening, there's actually a lot to do there. If you get a chance, go to the pool at the Yaght and Beach Club. It's by far the best in WDW. The pool is lined with sand, has a huge waterslide, quicksand, bubbles, whirlpool, hottubs. Only thing is in peak seasons they might only allow that hotel's guests in the pool area. Resort Hopping is a great idea, like daguru mentioned. Between the shopping, dining, and random little things to see and do here and there, you'll never get bored (unless you're waiting for a bus).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: