Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Awesome new pin at WDW, Kungaloosh!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Awesome new pin at WDW, Kungaloosh!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Awesome new pin at WDW, Kungaloosh!! Reply with quote

Disney will soon be releasing a new Featured Artists pin (these are the larger, limited edition pins).... the new one will be based on the Adventurer's Club, with Disney characters dressed up as characters from the shows....

You can view details at this Disney website:

Name:
"Featured Artist Collection 2007 - Kungaloosh! "
Release Date:
03/20/07

SKU:

Retail:
$25.00

Edition Size:

This Limited Edition Featured Artist pin was created by Disney Design Group Artist Dawn Ockstadt. Dawn has titled this pin "Kungaloosh!" This Jumbo Pin features the Fab Five (and Pete) portraying the zany club members you will meet nightly at the Adventurers Club on Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island. This pin features multiple pin on pin elements and measures approximately 4" wide by 3" tall.

This pin will be released at the following locations:

Magic Kingdom® Park King's Gallery in Cinderella Castle
Epcot® - Art of Disney located in Future World near Innoventions West
Disney-MGM Studios - Animation Courtyard
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Disney Outfitters
Downtown Disney® Marketplace - Art of Disney
Downtown Disney® Marketplace - Disney's Pin Traders
Please contact Walt Disney World® Merchandise Guest Services at 407-363-6200 or via e-mail: wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com to check availability of ordering this pin. All Limited Edition pins are available while supplies last, and may not be available via Walt Disney World® Mail Order at time of inquiry.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices.

ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already asked "Mr. Clean" if he'd pick one up for us Poos when it's available. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may have to take a quick trip out there that day... I hate it when pins come out during the week, makes it really difficult to get.... just like the stupid "Piece of History" pins....
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha and don't forget the "tiny princess"!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't even collect pins and already have a dozen that were freebies from trips. The only pins we have bought were marathon 2007, and UAB. I don't think a collection would be complete without an official UAB pin.
SGT623
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb wrote:
I've already asked "Mr. Clean" if he'd pick one up for us Poos when it's available. Very Happy

Mr. Clean Razz

Better than the Incredible Famming Man........I don't think I'll go into it
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGT623 wrote:
ltldeb wrote:

Mr. Clean Razz

Better than the Incredible Famming Man........I don't think I'll go into it

Now you know you're going to have to explain that to me. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SGT623
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I misspelled it...regrettably it should have said Incredible Flaming Man. Thank goodness that one only lasted two days
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the pin trading ever been popular in any of the Disney Parks? When i first saw it, I didn't like it. It's more of an Olympic pastime I always thought. It's been around for such a long time now, but it doesn't seem like it ever cought on. I've never once seen anyone in the act of trading pins. I have a few though, like I'm sure everyone does. Freebies, when you checked in.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all we have are freebies and a few gifts and prizes from UAB. (I do occassionally win something in a contest.)

BUT..I did buy the marathon pin last year and have pre-ordered it for 2008. I think I may put the marathon pin in my pocket so that the pin actually coveres the marathon course. I thought that would be a neat idea.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me27821 wrote:
Had the pin trading ever been popular in any of the Disney Parks? When i first saw it, I didn't like it. It's more of an Olympic pastime I always thought. It's been around for such a long time now, but it doesn't seem like it ever cought on. I've never once seen anyone in the act of trading pins. I have a few though, like I'm sure everyone does. Freebies, when you checked in.

There's a difference between pin trading and pin collecting. We tried pin trading for a brief while, but ended up making some poor trades, value-wise. Pin collecting, however, is an obsession. We have lots of pins at this point, so we only collect the ones that particularly appeal to us.

I've seen lots of pin trading going on.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the most part it has become pin collecting...

I know they have pin trading events, but those are usually dominated by adult collectors...

Most (not all) of the adult collectors are vicious and ruthless... they are also the ones that arrive the morning of a new pin's release, buy as many as they can and then thrown them on eBay. I know some, that even if there is a limit to how many can be purchased, they will go to as many pins stores as possible and get the limit at each place. While it's not "against" the rules, but it is definately against the "spirit".

I think stuff like that is what killed the "piece of disney" series a few years ago... that was the series that had a piece of attractions in/on the pins... When it first started, you could actually find pins (even with a low number released)... But, by the end of the first run and the second run, the pins would be sold out (property wide) within a matter of hours... They would be released on a weekday, so the people who work and couldn't be there first thing in the morning, so it was even more difficult to get them. I remember when the PoTC came out, by noon, the pins were on ebay for over $100.... INSANE!!

My wife and I have become pin collectors, we limit ourselves to specific topics and pins that we just think are pretty cool.... Every once in a while I will grab a bunch of misc pins, so we can trade them with CMs... some pins are released through the CMs, you can only get them from trading...

I may have to take some pics of our collection....

We enjoyed the "around the world hunts" they used to have... that is where they would have a trivia game board with stops all over the property. You go to each stop, correctly answer the trivia and get that stops pin. At the end, if you have all the questions answered, you can get a special edition pin for the map.... it was a lot of fun, especially running around....

Ok, I think I've demonstrated that I'm a big nerd, so I'm gonna go crawl under a rock and cry... Smile
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
I know some, that even if there is a limit to how many can be purchased, they will go to as many pins stores as possible and get the limit at each place. While it's not "against" the rules, but it is definitely against the "spirit".

For certain releases at Disneyland they have gone to scanning the admission ticket of the person purchasing, thus making it impossible for them to buy more at another store.

Another method they have used is they distribute wristbands early in the morning (about 1-2 hours after park opening) then the pins get sold starting 1-2 hours after they stop selling them. Then when you go to purchase your pins they cut off the wrist band and take it.

They originally tried stamping the hands of people that bought the pins, but the ink used washed off easily.
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, we will trade for a pin that we really like, we don't worry about the value, we will also buy pins that appeal to us, but outside of that, we don't really do anything else.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trade for what I like. I'm not there enough or interested enough to try and do it for a profit.

I'll just choose a theme and stick with it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: