Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - BEST...VACATION...EVER?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

BEST...VACATION...EVER?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: BEST...VACATION...EVER? Reply with quote

so fantasy in the sky comes on, and i'm reminded of disneyland in the late 1980s. and i'm thinking about when i first heard/saw it...i'm guessing 87, because i don't think it was the same in 1985, and in 1986 i didn't go to disneyland at all because we went to WDW instead.

and then i decided that this first trip to wdw was the BEST trip my family and i have EVER been on. i rode horizons and world of motion and rode horses at fort wilderness and ate at the coral reef and at king stefan's and we stayed in the treehouse villas and it was JUST SO FREAKING COOL.

so...what's YOUR best. vacation. EVAR?! Very Happy
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best vacation was the first trip we took the kids to WDW. Everything was PERFECT. We stayed on property for the first time, had magical moments galore, the wonderment in my kids faces, the innocence of my 6 year old daughter, it was just perfect. The entire trip seemed completely magical. No trip since, to any place has matched that trip.

kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best trip was my first trip to WDW. I had been married for a year and had NEVER been to WDW. I still remember my first ride: Peter Pan - pure magic and the awe of actually being in the Haunted Mansion. I had seen clips on the Wonderful World of disney, but never thought I would actually be there!

Of course, I've made up for lost time with many, many trips to WDW!

Very Happy
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 2003. I had been to WDW 3 times before that. But on this trip I took DLEARS, who had never gone. We had so much fun, and she was like a little kid wanting to have her picture taken with all the characters she saw. The very first attraction she went on was SSE. And now we have to ride it as the first thing whenever we go to Epcot.

So, last October I proposed to her right on Main Street. We'll make our 5th trip to WDW in January, and we are both counting then days.
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, those are such sweet experiences, you guys. i LOVE visiting the parks with newbies, particularly kids. Very Happy

as a semirelated aside...i'm just wondering, do people give you grief for being so excited about disney theme parks? do they ever tell you you're crazy for picking disney vacations as your ultimates? i get that attitude sometimes. i tell people often that my main reason for wanting to visit france is DLP, and they look at me like they're gonna revoke my "Thinks Gud" card or something. :/
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get a lot of flack, but now I've come to find out that there are MANY closet Disney-fans out there.

but those who are not fans just don't get it.

kray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Daveypoo; some people just don't get it! Of course, you can imagine the looks I get when I tell people that I'm going to WDW to run a marathon or do a triathlon. They think I'm twice as crazy!!! Embarassed
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao! it's true, they don't get it...and it's often really hard for them to associate lifestyle activities with what is considered by most people to be 'just a vacation spot.'

as my friend phil once said, 'disneyland isn't a theme park, it's a lifestyle.' he was semi-mocking me, but any moral authority he might have had in the conversation was kinda nixed because we were all dressed in georgian costume at a history reenactment convention at the time. Razz
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of people who are not Disney-Nuts, but yet they understand, and even envy me and my passion for the Mouse. I had one person say they wished there was something that they were so "in to".

But trust me, there are many more "Closet Disney Fan's" than you may realize.

fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best vacation ever would have to be my last trip to WDW. We went to almost everything in the whole resort and we did the weekend cruise. It was unbelieveable. We did so much that know i look back on it... it's almost scary. Shocked
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh, one of the cruises! i'm torn on the disney cruise thing. would you do the dcl thing again given the opportunity? i'm guessing yes because it was part of your best vacation EVAR, lol. but i dunno, somethings are great once but you wouldn't necessarily make them a priority for next time...
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. I may have posted this before but when it comes to best vacation EVAR I have to reiterate that my first time at WDW is it. Just to finally be at the one place I'd watched and dreamt about since I could remember and to know practically everything about the place was almost too good to be true. Also as I mentioned, there was also that sort of "calm before the storm" feeling that would change just a couple of years later with all the (then) new improvements that made me appreciate WDW all the more. Also on a related note; I also have had times when trying to explain my passsion for Disney has left more than a few people I know shaking their heads at me. Then again I always believe that to have passion for anything is enough to see you through in whatever lifestyle you choose, (if that's not too much). Later, peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say my best vacation was my Honeymoon. (And I suspect I'd be saying that even if it hadn't been my honeymoon.)

I went on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and had an incredible time. Then a week in Disney/Universal.

If you have never done a cruise I'd strongly recommend you try one, and if it has to be Disney, I've never heard a bad thing about Disney Cruises.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: