Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Mick 'Y' Cheeses?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Mick 'Y' Cheeses?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Mick 'Y' Cheeses? Reply with quote

Recently Disney announced they were considering bringing the Disney dining with the Characters to local areas via a new restaurant chain. That way people could enjoy the "Disney character experience more often or closer to home.

I have my opinion, but I was wondering what yours was?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that it would have to depend on the company they did it with. I can't see them starting a whole restaurant chain just for this, but to control quality might they have to? If not how do you ensure the restaurant does the quality it is looking for?

I know they have a relationship with Rainforest, but they don't have that big a base with only about 30 stores in the US.

Interesting to consider. I would not be against the idea until I heard more to say no.. Fir now seem like it could be a way to bring Disney to folks that otherwise might never see it.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a Rainforest about 1 hour away. We go there on special occasions when we need our Disney fix. If they had a character restaurant with a limited availability (like Rainforest), I think it would be good.

But a problem that Disney seems to forget, if they saturate the market, why head to the parks. If it's common place to see the character, or dine in a Disney restaurant, what's the big deal any other time.

MikeA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that such a venture would have to incorporate alot more than just a character dining experience in order to be successful. I think a well stocked gift store, a vacation planning help desk, and a mini-theatre might be some nice additions.

I'm sure I'd be able to talk the wife into going a few times a year anyway Smile
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I don't know...I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the characters leaving the parks. That's part of the magic for....I think it kind of cheapens them..especially if they show up at a Chili's or IHOP.....or something....I vote No...don't do it...
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everyone else... I think this is a bad idea for Disney...

Now, they will probably make a tidy profit at the start, but over time that profit will go away and start to effect the parks...

I mean, why spend the money to go to the parks for a vacation if you can take the kids to a local restaurant and see the characters...

Bad Idea...
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it wouldn't be the place I would go on a regular basis, it would be a GOLDMINE for kids birthdays! I could imagine taking my son there for his birthday and having a great time. Depending on how they work it, it could be a cross between the El Capitan Theatre and Chuck E Cheese. Imagine a central "check in" area 3 or 4 individually themed party rooms, Pirates, Princess, Fairies, Pooh, etc. where the characters would be dressed accordingly. Finally, a central merchandise area, with a DVC desk, a vacaction planning area. Perhaps they could even have a Pin Trading Night in some of the larger markets since they are doing away with it at WDW park. While I think it could work...I don't think it will happen. But, that's what they said about 30,000 acres of Florida swampland!
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO No no!! I don't like this idea at all! The characters live at Disney Parks, not in restauraunts. I really really hope they don't do this! I feel it will slightly tarnish the integrity and magic of the characters. It is a terribly tacky idea.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I agree that having the characters there would not be a good thing as the Characters "live at the Parks..." but two thoughts...

1) Did folks object about the Cruise lines and having the Characters there? Admittedly the ships are not as common as a restaurant, but does any one recall this being an issue?

2) Could Disney work it so that some of the Characters appear in the parks and some in the Restaurants? So take some of the other characters, that are not mainstays at the park and give them the restaurants? Maybe the lost boys... some of the other toy story characters?

A nice way to do both with out bursting the bubble so to speak.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say it enough!! No No No!! It is such a special thing to travel to see the Mouse & friends! I do hope they don't ruin it with such an awful idea. I mean really!! We might as well go to Showbiz Pizza!
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else remember this quote: "DisneyQuest. Bringing the theme park experience to your hometown." Nuff said. Peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: