Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Stan Lee and Disney Team Up

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Stan Lee and Disney Team Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Stan Lee and Disney Team Up Reply with quote

Being a Disney fan AND comic book reader in my youth, I found this article interesting:

Quote:
By Andrew Wallenstein

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Stan Lee, the former Marvel Comics mastermind, and the Walt Disney Company are looking to a time machine to take them to the future of comic books.

Together they're launching "Time Jumper," a franchise featuring a cell phone that makes it possible to go back in history, as a digital comic book that will play out on multiple platforms. Lee's POW! Entertainment will also see an extension to the first-look deal it signed with Disney in June 2007, covering all media.

"I am honored to be in association with Disney, not only through the extension of our original deal, but also in breaking ground by creating a new superhero," said Lee, who on Friday will tout "Jumper" at Comic-Con, the annual comics-related event in San Diego.

The franchise will be brought to life through collaboration by several Disney divisions, including home entertainment, online and publishing.

"Jumper" is the latest high-profile example of the trend in digital comics, which activate the traditionally static panel-based art with moving graphics. Warner Bros. recently released "Mad Love," an online companion to the film "The Dark Knight"; in August, MTV Networks will unveil "Invincible," an adaptation of the Image Comics title.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

When I think about it, many of my favorite movies for several years now are either Disney or stories whose origins have come from comic books or graphic novels. I think we could expect great things from this kind of collaboration, as long as the media format itself catches on. I'll be keeping an eye on this for more news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: